The content of this webpage, and everything associated with this webpage, is independent of the Peace Corps and the United States Government, though I think they should read it too. This blog solely reflects the experiences and observations of Jake DeBerry.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat?

Hello friends,
This Halloween was classic. Last year, there was good participation...but this year a lot of people got into the spirit and had a great time. I was out dancing until 6am...and when I left there were still a good amount going strong. The bar actually had to tell people to go home around 7am. When thinking about a costume, I don't think what is the best idea...but what is going to be the most fun to act out...and cavemen is right up there with the best. All night Vishal, Frank, and I jumped around and grunted like crazy people. So...here are a few photos...enjoy.
- Pregaming...Peace Corps is very similar to college in this sense - you see, we don't have any much money to spend at bars...so we have to drink before going out.

- Still pregaming.
-This is Vishal getting his uni-brow...and Frank being a caveman...
-This is what a nordic caveman looks like...

- Meet Tim and AnaLuz...they are health volunteers about 2 hours from me.
- Out at the bar...Rambo...urgh, I mean Charlie is grooving. He's a Brit that owns a lodge up in the mountains and it's very, very nice.
-Here is GianCarlos and Stephanie shaking behind the bar. He's the DJ and she's one of the bartenders.
- The guy with the tamborine is Lucho - owner of the bar and really cool guy. We usually stay at his house when we're in town.
-"More liquor? Okay, well...see you guys tomorrow." - The morning after Frank tried saying, "I didn't take tequila shots." I replied, "Uhh, Frank, I have evidence."
- After every tequilla shot...Vishal sends out his mating call...
- Picture of the bar...there was a costume competition, we won last year...perhaps again this year...we've yet to hear.

doing the helicopter...how a caveman would know that dance move, I don't know.
- I captured a couple Peruvian ladies...they don't really dress up...but they see all the fun we're having and more and more are dressing up each year. A good amount of little kids dress up and stores give out candy...the kids yell out, "Halloween". The one in the yellow is Jenifer, the girl I'm dating.

- "What is this mischief?"

Hope you enjoyed the pictures - I certainly enjoyed them getting taken.
Love,
Jake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home