The content of this webpage, and everything associated with this webpage, is independent of the Peace Corps and the United States Government, though I think they should read it too. This blog solely reflects the experiences and observations of Jake DeBerry.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How worms and Titantic have interwoven in my life

One, I have worms. How does one find out? Well…after you do your #2, you look down and see worms. The doctors during training gave us a poop presentation and they really stress looking at your stuff…unless it’s in a hole and you can’t. Looking at it is important for health purposes…and there really isn’t a better way to find out if you have worms. Kinda gross, huh? If you’re in Peace Corps, it’s kinda funny. Luckily worms are not anything permanent or detrimental. I take some pills, no more worms. There is a part in Dumb and Dumber (one of my favorite movies) where Jim Carrey says, “I got worms.” He is telling someone the name of his future store…anyhow, new significance for me.

Secondly, in my English class last night, my students all wanted to learn the words to “My Heart Will Go On”, a very sappy ballad by Celine Dion from the movie Titantic. So, a student brought a cd with the karaoke version of the video and I brought my laptop and we learned the words to “My Heart Will Go On” and then I translated the words since no one really has the English skills (yet) to understand the song. As I was standing there and everyone was slightly singing along and seemingly entranced by Celine’s power vocals and over-dramatization, I couldn’t help but laugh…a lot.

So, both of those things happened yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

That blog was hilarious.

I'm a random reader that checks in on your blog every so often and thought I'd finally come out and say hello. So, um, yeah, hello.

Okay, so I'm not a completely random reader; we share the Peace Corps connection. I leave for PC Honduras in another day. Staging is on Monday.


Be well,
Ana

July 5, 2008 at 7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home