The content of this webpage, and everything associated with this webpage, is independent of the Peace Corps and the United States Government, though I think they should read it too. This blog solely reflects the experiences and observations of Jake DeBerry.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Photos from the Amazon

Here are a few more photos from the Amazon...

Beginning of the trip – While waiting for a bus, I was walking around looking for an internet place that was open (it was siesta time) and came across Chifa Fuk Hou... I already ate…otherwise it would have been a privilege to check it out..

Close up of the little alligator – it was missing a foot. The guide said a piranha took it off…yikes!

There’s another jumping in shot and Frank trying to catch me – the same water where the above alligator got his foot bit off by a piranha…

So many neat butterflies

I think java the hut when I see this photo – that blueish-purple stuff is toxic, produced to keep him from being a meal. You can't really tell how big he is in the photo - but he's huge. Those are big leaves.

Check out this mural – Jesus, Bruce Lee, and Van-Damme. Don’t know if you remember me mentioning the Van-Damme phenomenon here…more proof of it...and of course Jesus is everywhere.

Look in the middle - he's probably thinking, hmm, they look kinda like me...silly humans...
Always be ready for rain in the jungle – these guys weren’t. Of course, it’s a warm and refreshing rain usually, so maybe they enjoyed it. But it looked pretty miserable from my dry spot.

Don't let that peace patch on his hat fool you..."Karrie - this is for making so much noise and scaring away all the animals!"

Boys playing with the paddle...
- There's Wes and Cass - from North Dakota and a shot of my beard before shaving it. I could hold a pen in it. We were going to the floating neighborhood - basically a bunch of houses on the river that rise and fall with the river.
Much Love,
Jake

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Last I checked, the holy trinity WAS Jean-Claude, Bruce Lee, and Jesus. You didn't get that lesson in Sunday school, eh llama?

December 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

 
Blogger Benjamin and Libby said...

DB,

You are rockin the bushy beard, my friend. Lookin' good!!!

benjammin

January 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home