Wednesday, August 5, 2009
- Name: Jake DeBerry
- Location: Taricá, Ancash, Peru
I am serving in the Peace Corps as a business volunteer until August 2009, working with artisan associations in the Cordillera Blanca. The Peace Corps' mission has three simple goals: - Helping the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women. - Helping promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served. - Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans. My main objective as a business volunteer is to help educate those I am working with in basic business principles that will help them reach their goals. I´m living in a town called Taricá, 10km north of Huaraz, the capitol of Ancash. Taricá is at 2,900 meters elevation with a population around 1,000 people.
- Pics - My Favorites - Mountains - Pt 1
- Pics - My Favorites - Tripod
- You know you're a Peace Corps volunteer when...
- Thoughts on Spirituality
- Soccer Game
- The first goodbyes
- Variety & Efficiency
- Things that won't go on the resume...
- our silly brain
- Going to the chapel! (and my official end date)